Home automation myths…busted!
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Let’s face it, if you are not in the throes of joining the world of home automation, you are being left behind. But for a topic as relevant and current as home automation, we have found that a fair few people have some major misconceptions that we would like to allay. Let us take a few moments to put your mind at rest, and slowly ease you into the idea of automating your home.
- Automation is expensive… Well yes, it can be, but it does not have to be. The simplest forms of automation have been in existence for decades – think Universal remote control here. The truth is, automation can be as expensive as you want it to be. If you start off small, and build up your system, it really can be manageable for the average Joe in South Africa.
- My house is already built… While it is ideal that the bones of your automation system be installed during the building stage, this is not a necessity. Many aspects of the automation system can be retro-fitted at any stage, with little or no effect on your home’s aesthetic.
- Property values… Recent information actually suggests that homes that are future-ready and take automation into account are actually worth those that don’t. People look for automation when buying a new property, so your automation is actually an investment.
- Automation is ugly… This one we can refute beyond any shadow of a doubt. The elements of your automation system can be so seamlessly integrated into your home, that not even your interior designer will know it is there. But that might not be what you want – you see, equipment has come a long, long way aesthetically, and many customers choose to display much of their equipment as it adds to the appeal of the home. Hidden or on display – the choice really is yours.
- Technology is always developing, there is always something better around the corner… While this one is technically correct, this shouldn’t prevent you from joining the technological revolution right now. Most systems are designed with upgrades in mind, and incorporate previous versions. Our technicians are also always available to advise you on which products are best, and most likely to stand the test of time.
Do you have automation related questions? Sign up for our free smart home guide here.
Want to know more about automation? Click here!