How Control4 Home Automation Can Make Your Life Better
That being said, you, the end-user are far more interested in your own needs being met than a system that can deliver endless features that are all irrelevant to yourself.
Below are some of the most common elements of home automation – those requested by the majority of our Sound Xperience clients.
- Lighting automation is by far the most common form of automation. Lights can be automated into specific moods or scenes enabling your home to go from ‘date night’ to ‘movie night’ at the touch of a button on you smart device. Lights can also be set into a sequence that will see your lights switch on and off in a certain, pre-programmed sequence. This means that you can set up your home to switch your garden lights when your gate opens. These lights can automatically switch off as you open your front door and your hallway lights are activated. The possibilities are limitless as the automation is designed to your unique needs.
- Multiroom Audio enables you to play sound from different sources to different zones in your home. You can be watching the rugby in your man-cave, while your wife cooks up a storm while watching Jamie Oliver on her iPad in the kitchen, and your little bundle of joy jams to the insatiable sounds of Drake. The quality of the sound is uncompromised and everyone’s enjoyment heightened.
- Alarm and CCTV integration is especially useful for the security conscious among us. Your alarm system can be automated so that the moment your alarm goes off, your lights and sprinklers are activated, ensuring maximum surprise for any unwanted visitors to your home. You can also automate your CCTV system to automatically switch on to the zone that was activated so that you can see exactly what is going on instantly on your TV or smart device, without putting yourself or your family in danger.
- HD distribution enables you to distribute high definition picture throughout your home from multiple sources – providing perfect picture quality no matter where in your home you are.
There is very little that Control4 automation can’t do for you; the sky really is the limit.
Some of the less common, but still especially useful automation possibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Automated door locks which can be programmed to lock/unlock at the touch of a button from anywhere in the world using a smart phone or tablet; or to lock and unlock automatically at certain times of the day.
- A video intercom using a Control4 touch screen enables you to see who is at your gate without having to move from the safety of your lounge.
- Temperature control in your home. Set your home to whatever temperature makes you comfortable. Just before you arrive home from work, your home will begin prepping the environment to your specifications. Sensors can also be programmed to switch the air-conditioning off when no one is in the room anymore – energy efficiency at its best.
Would you like to know more about home automation can do for you? Sign up for our FREE everything-you-need-to-know guide to home automation here.